Our most important and difficult category: tech! This is what keeps us traveling because it is how we make money. We carry a lot of tech and probably always will. We have at least half of a checked bag just for tech items and we carry a lot in our backpack also.
Just as a reminder, our checked luggage that we love is these Thule bags.
- Chris’ computer: Razborblade laptop.
- Leslie’s Macbook
- Two iPad Pros
- LAN cable. This has come in handy many times. Chris’s computer doesn’t have the strongest wifi card but is incredible otherwise. He always tries to hard-line into the internet, especially for work calls. Sometimes the plug-in is across the Airbnb.
- USB Multi-port adapter
- Computer Glasses. Chris has a lot of eye strain after many hours in front of a screen (that is smaller than he would like). This helps prevent migraines for him.
- Sennheiser headset for work calls. This one is actually out of production, but you can find it on eBay. It has some great noise-canceling abilities. This helps when kids are screaming in the background OFTEN.
- Razor Orbweaver. Ergonomic mechanical keyboard.
- Logitech Wireless Mouse
- Bose Noise-cancelling headsets (both Chris and Leslie have a pair). Work great on the plane for those rare moments we get to be alone mentally 🙂
- Power strip. Super important for how much tech we have! It’s very hard to charge all your gear without one or two of these.
- Sony a7RIII Camera. Main picture camera and also for cool slo-mo.
- Three lenses: Sony 24-105mm, Sony 70-200mm and Sony 24mm
- Go Pro 7
- Go Pro Mount
- Cannon Mark 7ii Camera. Main vlogging camera.
- Jobi Gorilla Pod Tripod 1K
- Various lens filters: Neutral Density, UV and night
- Ronin Gimble
- DJI Drone
- Rode Mic Pro Plus
- Tripod: Jobi Gorilla Pod 3K with ball head
- Large Tripod. Any lightweight one will do.
- Audio mics: Zoom: F1-LP
- External 4Terabyte storage drive
- Adobe suite
- Extra Macbook for video processing
- Homeschool computers
- Travel cord organizer
- Worldwide Adapters. You’ll want these when you show up to a new place trying to work!